Wednesday, March 4, 2009

No Abortions in Ft. Pierce, FL

40 Days for Life update from Fort Pierce, Florida 

Tuesday, March 3rd 2009

At 5am my alarm clock was blaring LOUD radio sound....so I jumped out of bed to get ready.  I then laid back down wondering, "LORD, do you really want me to go to the clinic?"  I then remembered the conversation from the night before with my sweet 15 year old son.  

He had told me that he is proud of me for what I do at the abortion clinic & in all the many ways that the Lord has me helping pregnant girls/women and their babies...and helping people hurting from abortion find healing. 

I also prayed yesterday that if the Lord wanted me to go to the clinic, then my husband would have to be home for me to go.  I TOTALLY trust that the Lord will provide for my family the ways that HE ALWAYS has for us!!  It seems that if my husband's work is slow, GOD ALWAYS has a different way to help us get our bills paid & provide for us.....THE LORD IS FAITHFUL!!  

So I got out of bed immediately and got ready.  I told my dear husband that I was going to the clinic today.  He had the day off of work (well, actually the rest of the week too because there is no work).

 I drove to abortion mill in Fort Pierce and arrived by 5:50am.  It was VERY cold (for south FL).  No other Pro-Lifers were there yet, so I just sat in my van & prayed, got my information pamphlets in order and waited. 

Around 6:30ish, Tony showed up to pray.  I got out of my van & it was windy & cold.  I am soooo glad that I just so happened to have 2 pairs of gloves with me.  Tony had a pair already, so I stuck the extra pair in my pocket. (I gave them to a man walking by the clinic and he looked really cold....he was so thankful for the gloves).

The first abortion clinic worker to show up was Adelade, a couple minutes before 7 am.  Then Shannon arrived few minutes later, then a few minutes later, Arnold (the abortion clinic co-owner) showed up in his shorts & button down shirt.

As each one exited their car & walked towards the clinic garage side door (where they enter the building) I told each one of them that Jesus loves them & has a better plan for their lives, etc...

Arnold just pretended to cough each time I spoke to him...when he arrived and when he took the garbage can to the street.

Then a few minutes later, instead of having one of the workers do it, Arnold came out AGAIN to take out some more garbage!

I just continued to share TRUTH in LOVE with him....I know he still heard me. I asked him in a kind voice, "Arnold, why do you cough when I talk to you.  Do you not like to hear that the Lord Jesus loves you? Well HE does.  He has a better plan for you, give your heart & life to Jesus, stop what you are doing here. Seek the Lord while He may be found, call on Him while He is near"  I told him to read Psalm 37, Psalm 94, John chapter 3..... Arnold just hurried on into the garage....but he did NOT cough this time I was talking to him.

We can try to run & hide from God all we want, BUT THE LORD SEES & HEARS all that we do.  I am ENCOURAGED to KNOW that other abortion clinic workers, owners and abortionists HAVE QUIT & given their lives to Christ.....I WILL NOT STOP PRAYING for Candace, Arnold, the workers and abortionists

God wants ALL to come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ....even the worst of sinners. 

We need to pray for TRUE repentance for them AND for their SALVATION!  Who knows, we may be the only ones standing in the gap for them....let us NOT give up while doing good for in due season we SHALL reap a harvest if we don't give up!!!  

There was a black couple that drove up in a nice Lexus SUV, the woman got out & walked towards the front door of the clinic.  The man drove away.  I offered her some pamplets & told her that there is help available, etc....she didn't take the pamphlets, but she listened to me as she walked in.  The man drove away....

I walked over on the sidewalk right in front of the waiting room.  I prayed & asked the Holy Spirit to help me say the right words.  I said that there is help available, that this is her baby & she cannot get this baby back, that she needs to know the full truth about abortion and that it takes the life of her child AND some of the after effects of abortion, all her options, etc....I shared that she still had a few minutes to change her mind, etc. 

A little while later, the man returned, the woman came out, stood at their vehicle side passenger door & then got in.  They sat in the parking lot for a few minutes....then they drove away!! 

One of the faithful Pro-Lifers, Grace, showed up around 8:30-9:00am.  We shared with her all that happened that morning so far.

A little while later, a car pulled up across the street & parked right behind my LIFE MOBILE van.  I had never seen the car before or the man that got out.  He walked across the street towards us & I wondered if he was coming to join us....

He introduced himself as Jim from NY, he heard about the local 40 Days for Life at St Lucie Catholic church.  He'd been following the 40 Days for Life online for quite a while & is so encouraged by their e-mails. 

I filled him in on the day so far, gave him a brief history of the Fort Pierce abortion clinic, about the Pregnancy Care Center, Care Net, and also about the Life Mobiles ministry, etc. 

He was so thankful that we were there today to pray.  We read out of Psalm 37 & Psalm 94.  We REJOICED in the LORD and HIS GOODNESS!

Then I noticed across the street that a car pulled into the PCC.  The young woman walked back to her car.  I called to her & she walked over to me on the sidewalk.  She said that she needed a pregnancy test, I told her the PCC is open Wednesday & Friday.  She said that she wanted the test done TODAY...so I told her about CareNet in PSL.  I wrote down the PCC & CareNet phone numbers for her. I gave her some pamphlets & she thanked me for the help.

I was soooo glad to be on the sidewalk today!

Then an SUV pulled into the PCC & a hispanic woman got out and noticed the PCC was closed.  I called across to her "Hola"  (PRAYING that she spoke English and she did!!)  She said she wanted a pregnancy test, I told her the same thing as the previous young woman, gave her pamplets, phone numbers, etc. 

As we were talking, ANOTHER young woman walked up to go into the PCC, but they were not open.  I asked if she needed anything....she said she needed to talk with someone.  I told her I could talk with her...she said that she is 3 months pregnant with TWINS! I said, "WOW, a DOUBLE BLESSING!!"  She smiled & said yes. 

She said that the babies' daddy had left her a week ago & he had the power shut off in her apartment.  The power was in his name.  She said that she called Mustard Seed, but they said they didn't have any money to help her out. She seemed honest & sincere.  We talked for a little while. 

I told her that I didn't have any money, but I would make some calls to different ministries/organizations.  She said Thank You soooo much.  So I said goodbye to the hispanic lady, then made some phone calls.  I called my dear friend, Pennie, from Open Door House of Prayer. 

I shared with her about the young pregnant mother of twins' situation.  She said that I could use the money that she had given me the other day (a $500 donation)....but I explained that I had already used $150 of it to buy some groceries/diapers/wipes for a couple that CHOSE LIFE (I met them on the sidewalk in front of this same abortion clinic and helped them through the pregnancy & beyond) & they recently gave birth to a baby girl, and I wrote a tithe check out of that money too (I want to be obedient to the Lord & tithe the money that comes in....he has a WONDERFUL way of multiplying it, doesn't HE?!)

So, Pennie said if I could do $200, she/ODHOP could do the other $200.  (It was $400 to turn on the Fort Pierce Utilities because it was a new account for the young pregnant woman).

I was soooooo EXCITED!  The girl started crying & hugged me!  She could not believe it!  She said that she was praying this morning that she wanted to give her life to Christ completely, that she said to the Lord that she knew HE would make a way for her somehow and that her brother in West Palm (who is a Christian) said he was praying for her.

So I talked with the young pregnant mother of twins for a while, then I offered to take her to eat.  When we got to Applebees, she said that she had never eaten at Applebees' before.

We had a WONDERFUL conversation....she showed me the ultrasound photo of her little baby twins!  She had tears in her eyes a BUNCH of times, shared her testimony and got even MORE TEARS during our luch conversation because she saw that the Lord heard her prayers & she now KNOWS that HE truly LOVES HER & will make a way for her and her babies some how, some way. 

She asked me if I had an extra Bible, I said no, but I would buy her one at Wal-Mart after lunch.  She had tears flowing down her cheek.  She told me she wants to go to church and get baptized!!  PRAISE GOD!  She was TOTALLY honest & so hungry for more of JESUS! 

While we were eating, I saw a couple ladies from a Bible Study that I go to sometimes at ODHOP on Tuesday mornings at 10am....they said "We missed you at Bible Study"....I said I was busy this morning & they smiled & went to eat their lunch.

A few minutes later, a couple other precious ladies from the same Bible Study came into Applebees!!  I walked over to say HI!  I filled them in on the morning prayer time.  Then one of them gave me $8 cash that she had in her wallet.  She said to put that towards my lunch bill.  (every bit helps!  THANK YOU dear "L")

I went back to the table with the sweet young pregnant woman.  She said that she is sooooo AMAZED how the Lord works & that she had such PEACE & JOY that she could not explain.  I told her that it is the peace of GOD that passes all understanding & the joy of the Lord.  It is NOT like anything in this world....she totally agreed.  Her brother called during our lunch and she was rejoicing with him over all that the Lord had done for her today.

We finished our lunch, went to Wal-Mart & we looked at the Bible selection (which there was not too many to choose from)...she picked up one of the $5.97 Bibles, and I said that she could get a different one with a daily devotion, highlights, concordance, etc....She ended up picking up a Every Day Life Bible by Joyce Meyer.  She was excited to see that it had different topics, devotions, explanations, etc.

I drove by the clinic and another one of my friends from ODHOP, Beege, was sitting inside her vehicle praying. (she started coming out to PRAY with me during the last 40 Days for Life...she's been faithful to come once a week or more since...THANK YOU Beege!) I stopped to talk with her for a few minutes.  There was a woman that went into the clinic but came out a few minutes later...She told me that since she got there that NO other girls/women had gone into the abortion clinic!!  The owners/workers were there all day....but NO BUSINESSNO ABORTIONS TODAY!!!  

PRAISE GOD!   

Then we went to get the pregnant young woman's utilities deposit paid.  Another friend had given me $100 towards her utility deposit bill!! **THANK YOU dear Friend...YOU know who you are!!**

(it ended up being $450 so I am so happy I had that extra money!) When we were done, she gave me the biggest hug, was just about crying and said that she is sooooooo thankful to me and JESUS for EVERYTHING today!  She said that she can't wait to go to Church, she wants to get baptized, and live her life for Christ.  I told her that ALL GLORY goes to the Lord & she needs to Trust in HIM and give her life completely to him and HE will direct her paths! 

I went home to be with my precious husband and our 6 children....Oh I thank God for them sooooo much!! I am truly BLESSED.  They were soooo HAPPY to hear the good news from today!  I made dinner, sat & typed this blog and I am going to put my children to bed & pray.  (then I have housework to catch up on and Mount St. Laundry to do!)

Imagine what COULD HAVE happened today if I didn't go to the abortion clinic to PRAY and sidewalk counsel?

I don't like to think about what could have happened....I like to think about the GOOD that DID HAPPEN and how the LORD JESUS CHRIST showed HIMSELF, HIS LOVE, HIS PROVISION, HIS JOY today to a precious young mother of TWINS.....a couple LEFT the abortion clinic, 2 other women recieved helpful phone numbers & pamphlets.....

Someone asked me today how much I get paid for what I do.  I told them, just like I tell everyone, I don’t get a paycheck/salary. Any donations I receive go directly towards purchasing diapers/wipes, purchasing Pro-Life pamphlets, helping meet the needs of pregnant girls/women that CHOOSE LIFE, etc.  If the Lord wants to bless me with a paycheck/salary someday…then if it’s His will, then He will provide it.

My rewards are in Heaven. 

I do get to hold some of my rewards here on earth…babies saved from abortion!  Another reward is seeing the mothers that are so happy they chose LIFE (and fathers too!) and also helping women (and men) hurting from abortion find healing…you can’t put a price tag on any of it.  It is a BLESSING & HONOR to do what I do.

***If you know anyone that is hurting from abortion, PLEASE contact CareNet of the Treasure Coast (772)871-2211…they are sponsoring a Post-Abortion Healing Group called “Surrendering the Secret” starting this coming Monday, March 9th 2009 at ODHOP 7pm.  It is a 10 week commitment every Monday 7-8pm.***

THANK YOU for all of you who have participated in, signed up for and are going to be coming out to PRAY during the 40 Days for Life!

Remember: You do NOT have to talk with anyone, just PRAY

**I've been going out to the abortion clinic for years....I didn't talk with anyone for a LONG time when I started going out.  I just prayed, watched and eventually spoke with girls/women going into clinic.**

PRAYER is what is most powerful.  

40 Days for Life, Spring 2009
Follow the Treasure Coast 40 Days for Life on Facebook.com
Date:        February 25th  – April 5th 2009
Time:       Daily from 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Place:       Ft. Pierce Abortion Mill, 12th and Delaware Ave.
           Please park on Delaware Ave.
               Click Here for Directions
Fridays: Mini Life Chain 4 – 6 PM

Anyone who hasn't signed up for a time to pray/witness at the clinic, please click here to print out a sign-up sheet, fill it out, and e-mail or call Jim Thoma (772-240-6186) to receive the name and info of the captain who is in charge of that time. Anyone else who wants to be a captain for a morning or afternoon please contact Jim, as there are still spots available.

Contact Information:

Jim Thoma 772-240-6186

e-mail: jimthoma@netzero.com

ALL PRAISE & GLORY goes to GOD our Wonderful Heavenly Father for HIS mercies are NEW EVERY MORNING

 May the Lord bless you for all you do & fill you with HIS love and Spirit of WISDOM and REVELATION!!

For CHRIST and for LIFE,

Cheryl

><>
Psalm 37

www.lifemobiles.org  *website is under construction...I'm praying for a website helper*
www.myspace.com/lifemobiles
lifemobiles@hotmail.com  

LIFE MOBILES INTERNATIONAL, Inc.
“Saving and Transforming LIVES….one at a time”

No comments:

Post a Comment